Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cafe: Nola quick service for you!

Always excited to give a Downtown eatery a second chance, today I tried Cafe Nola in MOCA. My first experience was awful, but they've since changed management (Nola is now run by MOCA, not Chives), so I decided to let bygones be bygones, and give them another shot.

The food is pretty good. The warm rolls brought out were divine, but the fruity butter that accompanied them was overwhelming. Really great bread doesn't need a lot of flavor piled on top, and the fruit distracted from the warm doughy-ness.

My grilled asparagus and goat cheese salad was similar. Perfectly cooked asparagus and yummy goat cheese was matched with an under-whelming blueberry vinaigrette.

Unfortunately, I didn't get finish my salad, as once again, it took nearly an hour to be served, and work beckoned. I took my check and more than half of my meal to-go.

It wasn't a bad meal by any stretch of the imagination. The setting is lovely, and the food was alright (although $10 for an okay salad does pinch).

However, I cannot possibly imagine ever recommending Cafe Nola as a lunch spot for anyone who actually takes a lunch hour. This restaurant is exclusively for business owners and people with days off during the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They do a pretty good Sunday brunch. Though a little pricey, it has been very good so far.