Monday, February 05, 2007

Go Hoo-Has!

There's a reason I don't watch sports.

It's not that I don't like them. I'm not allowed to. It's a self-imposed edict. I don't watch sports because I love them too much.

I made an exception last Friday. I attended a Barracudas hockey game.

For $28, I got:
• Admission (including two fights and enough legal violence to make any girl happy)
• A Huge Rum & Coke
Dippin' Dots (The Ice Cream of the Future!)
• The crowd shouting "Go Cudas!" (That sounded either like "Go Hoo-Has!" or "Go Cooters!")

While I really could've done without the assholes seated behind us screaming, "Fight!" The whole time, as it ruins the mood. It's sort of like yelling, "Crash!" at the Daytona 500. Everyone secretly (or not-so-secretly) wants to see carnage, but it's in bad taste to openly root for it.

Assholes notwithstanding, my London Bridge Pub/Barracudas Hockey Game night was awesome. I strongly suggest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh out loud!!