Sunday, October 01, 2006

Tragically H.I.P.

High Intesity Pigments

I've spent years testing eyeshadow. Name a makeup counter at Belk or Sephora - I've been there. Clinque. Dior. Mary Kay. Benefit. Et al.

Somehow, it just doesn't matter. Eyeshadow always looks better pressed tightly in a plastic case than swept over the eyelid. Without fail, the brightest, boldest $18-a-pop color just doesn't quite look as good on the skin as it does in case, or that beautifully color-corrected ad in Vogue. And that's alright - I've accepted defeat.

Until last night.

Based entirely on impulse (propelled mostly by a BOGO promotion), I picked up an eye shadow duo by L'Oreal's new H.I.P. (High Intensity Pigments) line.

This stuff is Out-Of-Control. It actually looks brighter on the skin than in the compact. I went from Sigorney Weaver to Ziggy Stardust in moments.

Which makes me happy. It's time for some fun with fashion again.

Reference: L'Oreal H.I.P.

1 comment:

The Urban Core said...

www.eyeslipsface.com

I just found your blog. Thanks for the link. I'll return the favor soon. My wife gets the elf stuff every now and then. Everything is a $1! PEACE