Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Even God believes in separation of church & state.

Can't we all just get along?

I've always been a bit surprised how many voting precincts are located in churches, given the whole church v. state thing, but today I was pleasantly surprised.

Apparently, not only does God condone separation of church and state, but he has quite a sense of humor about these kind of things.

Such as when pulling up to Trinity Lutheran Church my iPod began to play "Sin" by Nine Inch Nails.

That was even better than when I got pulled over for speeding and my CD player skipped to "Piggy" as the officer approached my car.

I entered and exited the Church without a) bursting into flames or b) getting struck by lightening, which was a plus.

The real question though, is why the "Minister of Comedy" position is only a sample, and not a real question. Having Lucille Ball as the only candidate? wtf! That election is totally rigged.

Groucho Marx for Minister of Comedy!

2 comments:

J. Douglas said...

God only consumed people by fire in the Old Testament. Today he has you pulled over for speeding.

I believe Zeus was the god who struck people with lightening.

J. Douglas said...

Groucho Marx...He sounds a lot like the conversation President Bush had with Saddam Hussein in 2004.