Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Updated: If I can't take my coffee break, something within me dies



In the interest of putting my money where my mouth is (without actually putting money in my mouth - that's just unsanitary), I stopped in at Uncommon Grounds on my way to work.

I knew the construction in San Marco was bad. I didn't know it was bad enough to send me into a Tourettes-style cursing spree.

I got my chai latte, and sipped it on my way to the car. It was good! A little creamier than Starbucks, and not quite as spicy. It has an almost nutty flavor.

The prices are about the same price-point. My large Chai at UC was $4, and I think a Starbucks large Chai is $3.95.

It's nice that I can just say "large" in UC without being corrected, like at Starbucks.

"Large? You mean venti?"

No. I mean large. We are in the United States. Starbucks is an American corporation. The company started in Seattle - no Italian ties there! It's a large freakin' cup of coffee.

-

For your viewing pleasure, Jaxopolitan after consuming too much caffeine this morning: [HSR]

1 comment:

Suburban Jacksonville said...

I might be wrong, but I don't even think that "venti" means large in italian.
And, I really hate how after you order your drink the "baristas" repeat it another 10 times, just to make sure everybody is aware of what you are drinking.
Barista 1: Tripple Nonfat Cappucino No Foam for Sally.
Barista 2: Tripple Nonfat Cappucino No Foam for Sally.
Barista 3: Tripple Nonfat Cappucino No Foam for Sally.