Friday, October 06, 2006

So whaChew whaChew whaChew want?

Chew @ 117 West Adams

Chew, a new restaurant on West Adams, is now open. Let tastebuds everywhere rejoice.

This place is god (er, good. Freudian slip).

Normally when out to eat, I scan the menu quickly and decide between just a couple items (being vegetarian often limits options). But this menu was Out-Of-Control: Hot Sandwiches! Cold Sandwiches! Pressed Sandwiches! Salads! Side Items!

Finally, I decided on the Chevre and Asparagus pressed sandwich, and my friend got the Truffle pressed sandwich. The sandwiches both rocked our socks, and came with field greens on the side, which wasn't listed on the menu. Since we didn't know that our sandwiches came with greens, we had ordered a side salad with Champagne-Terragon dressing, which was very good. Afterwards, she also got a cup of Chai Tea for dessert, which I'll have to order for myself sometime to determine whether I prefer it over Starbucks.

I dropped $10 on lunch, including tip. (Perspective: I drop $10 on lunch at the Loop ToGo, which isn't nearly as good)

The service was a touch slow (it was a full one-hour lunch), but I'm willing to forgive, as this is only their first week open. Even if things don't speed up, food like this might actually be worth getting a little bit of grief from the boss.

Chew is currently open for lunch, 10-3. (The grand plan includes opening for dinner, but they want to get lunch down before getting ahead of themselves)

Staring next week, they plan to have a full coffee bar, and prepared cold sandwiches to grab 'n go.

Chew [MySpace]

No comments: